Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year....Same Me

Someone somewhere came up with the slogan, "New Year, New You."  So with that in mind, I bring you my first blog posting in almost three years...you see how well that worked out the first time, but everyone likes a comeback kid.  Like many people throughout the world, I will list my new year's resolutions, some steps for reaching them, and in say six months we can revisit this post to see how magnificently I have failed.

1.  Write More:
  • Okay-off to a good start with this one.  Found out I already had a blog started and am writing something.  Yea me.  For the sake of honesty, I am going to TRY to write a blog a week.  A real blog, not just some crap, but something meaningful to me.  In order to reach some of the peace and relaxation I am hoping to achieve, I need to write.  I enjoy doing it and I would hate to lose that talent.
  • Santa brought me that Dragon program, where you speak and it types for you.  Now I can type and pretty quickly. but with the kids this piece of technology MIGHT help me with this goal.  Right now, it is still in the box, but I will let you know how that journey goes.
  • To extend and now almost over extend myself, I will also write AT LEAST one page a month on my book.  My character Adrianne is really pissed that I have left her alone for so long.  I would really like to finish telling her story.

2.  Less Time on Facebook:
  • This one is not that hard.  I can log off the damn thing and find other things to do with my time.  When my parents came to visit, I was barely on it, and guess what?  The world kept turning and I survived on getting on everyday.  Granted, I do need to update family and friends on the girls, post pictures, etc.  But I have given up the games on fb and lived to tell about it.

3.  Read more for fun: 
  • I have read and reread The Hunger Games and The Other Boleyn Girl so many times now that I can pretty much recite the lines, so it is time for something else.  I also need to move away from Alison Weir and her Tudor histories (which are good reads) and true crime novels.  So I will be taking suggestions.  I have saved amazon gift cards for long enough and should be able to make time to read, if anything before bedtime.

4.  Not gain anymore weight:
  • Ha!  It would be SO EASY to say lose weight, but I know me and I know that I am setting myself up to fail, especially if I have a set amount of pounds I want to lose.  The reality is I would like to lose a very skinny model or an Olson twin that I seemed to have picked up somewhere along the way.  I can blame many many things, but I know the truth.  I am an emotional eater.  When things are bad (which, sigh, is often) or stressful I bake.  Then I eat what I bake.  Now I am FAT.  not use hiding that fact either.  
  • I guess I need a plan.  So here is a rough draft.  After Madelynn's surgery, I will start watching what I eat....not fair to do it when spending time in the hospital.  Also, she will be close to starting school which will free up time at home to workout.  I plan on putting Just Dance and others like it to use.  And, I am going to try to bake less.  Or at least let the hubs take part of what I bake to work to get it out of the house.
  • This is a tough one to do.  I know a year from now I will still not be at my ideal weight, but IF I can focus and just take that first step, I will be a happier and, dare I say it, healthier person...


I am not sure if these few changes will be a NEW me, but I think they will help improve me.  Time will tell…just wish there was more time to make sure this all gets done.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment